Monday, June 4, 2012

Trends that Stick: the Pouf!

I really thought the Moroccan Pouf had seen its heyday, but it still seems to be going strong.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good Moroccan Pouf!  They add a nice, interesting design element to almost any room, not to mention they are terrifically functional. 


Two beautiful examples:





{ From Elle Decor, via Zuniga Interiors }



These days, the "Pouf" is almost synonymous with the ever-growing retailer Serena & Lily.  Don't know them?  They started by selling only baby bedding and accessories (highly fashionable and a price tag to match!).  And they've more recently expanded outside the realm of baby.  

Seems to me they were the first ones to put a Moroccan Pouf in a baby's room - so fashion-forward!  

{ A Serena & Lily room, Via Copy Cat Chic }


I actually think for our baby #2, due this fall, we're going to acquire one (maybe even two?) Moroccan Poufs for the nursery.  They add such a great look and I'm sure babies love to use them to "cruise".  

How fabulous is this teal color?


I hate to sell them down the river because they really do have such lovely products, but the Serena & Lily Poufs are some of the more expensive Poufs I've seen ($450 each!). I've found some more affordable options:


John Derian, $345 for metallic, $295 for colors:

{ Via John Derian }


Imports From Marakkesh, $225:
 
 { Via Imports from Marrakesh }




My all-time favorite, Amazon.com, $130:

Moroccan Leather Pouf White Color

{ Via Amazon.com }



But why stop at Moroccan?  These days, there are tons of different "Pouf options" to choose from.  Case in point, look at this Etsy shop I found - AletaFae - selling the most fabulous Poufs, selling for $80-$100:


24" Ottoman Pouf Floor Pillow Grey White Zig Zag Chevron




24" Ottoman Pouf Floor Pillow Natural Coral Beige White



24" Ottoman Pouf Floor Pillow Waverly Cross Section Green


West Elm has also recently jumped on the Pouf bandwagon.  I love their "ethnic" prints with a graphic punch, for $249:

Pinned Image
{ Via West Elm }


The "Cube" look really is in right now.  Look at the variety out there:

Pinned Image



{ Via Casa Cole }


Jute Pouf
{ Via One Kings Lane }




This Pouf was featured just this week in the latest issue of House Beautiful:


{ Via Saffron Trading Company }


My all-time favorite has to be the Alseda Stool from IKEA, for a whopping $29.99!  
ALSEDA Stool IKEA
{ Via Ikea }




Okay, maybe not ideal for a baby's room, but wouldn't it look great in a family room?  Maybe even two or three of them?  Here's a sweet outdoor use of the Alseda:



The Pouf Trend lives on!  Happy Pouf shopping!  


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pouf!! I had bought some when I went to Morocco back in the late 90's, but stupidly gave them away when I was moving! Ugh. I wished I had kept them. Totally different look, but I love some of the updated and contemporary 'bean bags' of the 70's that have been resurfaced (see the store Lovesac) Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete