Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Your Own Fabric...And, I'm Moving!

Just a quick note to my lovely readers... Return To Home is moving!  After today, you can find me at www.returntohomeinteriors.com.  Please come on over and subscribe to my blog from there!


Many of us know that retailers like Fabric.com, Calico Corners, or Joann Fabrics are great resources for affordable, accessible fabric.  But sometimes the selections can feel a bit limited, especially if you have something super specific in mind and can't find it.  


That's why I was thrilled to find Spoonflower.com - a website where you can design your own fabric and have it printed out at a reasonable price!  Or choose from countless patterns that users before you have created. I swear these guys don't sponsor me (but hey that's not a bad idea...!).  I'm just a really big fan of this site. 


I had my "Spoonflower a-ha" moment recently when thinking through window treatment ideas for a new client of mine.  I thought a bright blue, graphic print for her son's bedroom roman shades would look terrific against his grass green walls.  I can't get David Hicks' La Fiorentina pattern out of my mind!


Here it is on a nursery daybed:




But it's so expensive, and also doesn't come in the color I'm envisioning.  Enter Spoonflower!  

Found this beauty in the perfect color, and it's only $18 a yard:

Connect the Blocks-Navy


It's slightly different from La Fiorentina, but you wouldn't know that just glancing at it.  

Here are some other great Spoonflower fabrics that I'd love to purchase for curtains, throw pillows and the like:


coral ikat fabric by domesticate on Spoonflower - custom fabric



Summer Mums in charcoal fabric by domesticate on Spoonflower - custom fabric



Indian Clover in moss fabric by domesticate on Spoonflower - custom fabric



Chocolate Ogee fabric by sparrowsong on Spoonflower - custom fabric



cestlaviv_teal two step fabric by c'est_la_viv on Spoonflower - custom fabric



There are also some collections.  Like this teal and orange Ikat selection:

Ikat Diamonds - blue fabric by fable_design on Spoonflower - custom fabric

                                             Butterfly Girl-Orange fabric by fable_design on Spoonflower - custom fabric


 Ikat Arrows - blue fabric by fable_design on Spoonflower - custom fabric



Apparently people use Spoonflower to start their own fabric businesses! Like these guys, they have a whole line:



Do you have any fun fabric resources that make decorating more affordable and easier?  Do tell!


3 comments:

  1. You can get inexpensive decorative solutions easily. That's vinyl coated wall stickers which are everlasting and easy to maintain. They not only enhance the beauty of your room but also lower your budget. A number of designs are available depending upon your needs and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs! Keep posting! I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete