Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Dream of Napa

While I envision this blog as a space to get "real" about interior design, I also think it's important to sometimes get lost in fantasy!  Since I was an 8th grader with my nose permanently parked in a Jane Austen novel, I have imagined living out my own "modern day Pride and Prejudice" country estate fantasy in the Napa Valley. 

I envision hills covered in vines, and a winding driveway leading to a house that's beautiful but understated - think materials like stone, Spanish stucco, and reclaimed wood beams...mixed with French antiques and white linen couches you can just sink into.




My fantasy came to life when I finally picked up this issue of Architectural Digest.  Don and Rela Gleason of furnishings company Summer Hill have created the most lovely space in the heart of Napa Valley. Here's a peek:





  



A man and his dog... this feels like it's from another era.

And just one more: 

Heaven on Earth. 

Do you have a fantasy "maybe some day house" you dream about, too?  I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. take your breath away is right! everything about this house is lovely. I want to curl up in that bedroom and take a nap after a long hike through that beautiful valley. my dream house of it wasn't this one? hmmm, Tuscan Villa? Charlottesville Horse Farm, Venice Beach Craftsman Bungalow? I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete