Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rope! Summer-Inspired Decor

Doesn't nautical rope just say "Summer"?

rope.


Everywhere I look, people are finding terrifically creative uses for rope in their decor.  It's the most perfect decor element, especially for the summer - neutral in color but textured so it's interesting to look at, and it also adds a touch of whimsy:  

rope in bowls. so easy!
{ Via Little Nudge }


rope



I absolutely love this look, but I have to admit I might lay awake all night worried that the bed would break!

rope
{ Via Pinterest }


Rope
{ Via Pinterest }


Rope!






This rope banister is one of my favorites, by interior designer Thom Filicia. How clever to put a big piece of rope where he could have just installed a boring old banister:

{ Via Pinterest }




This is one of my all-time favorite DIY projects, by Mandi of the blog Vintage Revivals.  Her "Rope Curtain Rod" for her friend Hailee's complete living room makeover has all the trappings of a perfect DIY project - aesthetically beautiful, clever, easy and cheap!

diy-rope-curtain-rod

DIY-curtains

rope-curtains
{ Images above via Vintage Revivals }


Isn't that last shot just fantastic?  The way they pulled the rope down the wall and looped it around like that? 




Here's another fabulous DIY project idea from Design*Sponge - the "Knotted Lamp Cord".  I thought it looked pretty easy!  I love that it's just a perfect mix of "industrial" and "artisanal":




{ Via Design*Sponge }




Of course, you don't have to go DIY crazy to incorporate some fun, fabulous rope into your home.  All kinds of retailers are getting in on the action, so you can just buy your way to instant gratification.  


Here's a rope knot door stop by Ballard Designs; it would also look great as a cool accessory on your bookshelf:

{ Via Ballard Designs, $45 }




Would you ever guess these mirrors are from Pottery Barn?  I think they are just great:

{ Via Pottery Barn, $349 }



If you caught my blog a few weeks ago, you already know how much I love a good pouf! Here's one I spotted on a recent visit to interior design store Haus Interior in downtown NYC:   







Another version you can purchase online:
Seafarer's Rope Ottoman
{ Via Nautical Luxuries, $325 }


Hope you are as inspired as I am to incorporate some fabulous rope into your home!  

How is the summer treating you so far?  We visited friends of ours upstate and spent the entire weekend in the pool, followed by grilled hamburgers. Now is that *summer* or what?  



3 comments:

  1. Lorri, I'm loving all of your rope inspiration! I totally agree. Something about rope and that nautical feel just says summer and I LOVE it! I recently incorporated rope into our summer mantle and the nautical party that we just threw. I love the summery feel that it brings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice blogs!!! i have to learning for lot of information for this sites...Sharing for wonderful information.

    Home Interiors Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. best wardrobes design When you think of tailoring a wardrobe that suits you, think of the wall cabinets from Kitchen King, where the elegance that reflects the modern look in your new home in Dubai, our products of wardrobes and bedroom wardrobes have been designed specifically for your comfort

    ReplyDelete